Wednesday 25 September 2013

Deep calleth unto deep

To have walked this road and still find myself here is nothing short of a miracle. I walked in the valley of the shadow of death, I strayed far from home, but I find myself back here once again. Not battered and bruised like I find myself sometimes. Just a deep longing, a yearning, a calling, deep calleth unto deep.
You will never miss the sun until you've been in the rain; you can never miss a person until you've had to live without them. I have never missed my Daddy until I lived a life apart from Him.

Right now I feel so blessed to have this truth and knowledge. It's the type of truth and knowledge that comes from a deep conviction that cannot be shaken. I have found that my very foundation is rooted in Him and Him alone! Blessed assurance! What a privilege, and such grace to be able to find my way back home to Him once again! This morning all I could think about was Him and how great He is. Is He mad at me? Did I hurt Him? What I can I do to make it better? How can I show Him I love Him more than all else?
Right now my heart's cry is for the lost that I know. The souls that He so dearly loves and wants back. How can I be an instrument? I am so excited and happy about Him that I don't see how anyone cannot want Him, cannot desire Him with everything that is inside them. How can anyone live without so great a Love?! I want everyone to know. I want all and sundry to understand why He is the best thing that can happen to anyone.

It's not in lip service, t's not in what we do. It's about obedience to Him, loving Him in Spirit and in truth. It's not so people can see. It's so they can glorify His name! I'm so serene as I write this, it's amazing. I came from a dull space into this. He truly hears the cry of the broken. A broken and contrite heart He will not turn away. It's amazing how many roads I've had to travel to get to one that truly led me down to You. Now I bow my knee to the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, allowing my re-birth to transform and renew my mind, making me into His very own. On marked and inscribed with His name. My God and my Friend. My very present Help and Delight.

You know, Scripture will never make sense until you begin to see things in a different light. You see, that Scripture that says Delight yourself in the Lord...it is very apt and deep because you can never delight in something that you do not love and cherish. You will always abuse what you do not love. It is with this in mind that falling in love with Him becomes key. Right now, I can truly say it's like I'm getting to know Him for the first time!

It's not about listening to the right songs, saying the right things. It's being right, having a right heart towards Him.

Again, I bow my knee. I surrender all. You have called, now I answer...here I am Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment